Essay: Worth 40%
After working closely local college counselors and admission officers the Youth Leadership Bartholomew County committee selected the following prompts that will give you plenty of choices and opportunities for expressing yourself. Meant to be challenging but also designed to invite discussion of character and community, identity, and aspiration. Choose one that works best for you. Pro Tip : Essay must be submitted as a doc or docx file type.
Due July 10, 2023
Use the links below to submit your essay for evaluation
You will receive a confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org – keep that email
Prepare your essay using ONE of the following essay topics:
- Some students have a background, identity, interest, or talent that is so meaningful they believe their application would be incomplete without it. If this sounds like you, then please share your story.
- The lessons we take from obstacles we encounter can be fundamental to later success. Recount a time when you faced a challenge, setback, or failure. How did it affect you, and what did you learn from the experience?
- Reflect on a time when you questioned or challenged a belief or idea. What prompted your thinking? What was the outcome?
- Reflect on something that someone has done for you that has made you happy or thankful in a surprising way. How has this gratitude affected or motivated you?
- Discuss an accomplishment, event, or realization that sparked a period of personal growth and a new understanding of yourself or others.
- Describe a topic, idea, or concept you find so engaging that it makes you lose all track of time. Why does it captivate you? What or who do you turn to when you want to learn more?
- Share an essay on any topic of your choice. It can be one you’ve already written, one that responds to a different prompt, or one of your own design.
- Please include a cover page with Title, Student Name, School Name, and Date
- Essay should be no more than 650 words in length and at least 250 words. (not including the title page), double spaced, 12 point standard font)
- Essay will be graded on the following rubric with 100 points possible
- Your Essay must be submitted as a doc or docx file type
- Name your file appropriately with your LastName_FirstNameEssay to receive full points
- You will receive a confirmation email from email@example.com – keep that email
You must be logged in to post a comment.