Youth Leadership Bartholomew Countya community program for over 40 years
For more than 40 years, Youth Leadership Bartholomew County has recognized thousands of local high school seniors for their leadership skills, high school accomplishments and their community service. To highlight the significance of Youth Leadership Bartholomew County, each registered student will participate in the following activities:
- Resume’ and essay development
- Professional photography session
- Participation in a professional interview
- An all day hands on leadership training program in September
- Career development exercises
- Speakers who are geared to empower and encourage
- Scholarship awards to assist with the cost of higher education
Essays are reviewed and graded by Ivy Tech Community College. Resumes are reviewed with constructive feedback by Manpower of Columbus. Interviews are hosted by Columbus area business owners, educators and civic leaders. A complementary professional head-shot to be used with your biographical information, consisting of your high school experiences, awards and career plans is provided by Parker Portraits.
Youth Leadership Bartholomew County invites seniors from all Bartholomew County High Schools, with a B+ and/or higher GPA to participate. The program, which entails many steps, requires each student to complete exercises and meet deadlines in order to be eligible for over $9000.00 in scholarships and to attend Youth Leadership Day, at The Commons, in September.